Saturday, January 5, 2013

Luxury breakfast

Hello, Friends. I wonder how do you normally have your breakfast: quickly or by taking your time like it is a five-course meal? 

The reason I ask that question is that I do not normally enjoy having my morning meal. I even skip it most of the time. Most of the time I even chew my sandwich on the way. However, this morning was different. It was a Saturday and I had more time to actually sit and eat my roast beef sandwich with butter. And milk. 

The action of sitting and taking my time to eat breakfast strikes me spiritually. I began asking myself, "Do I normally eat the scripture without chewing it?" I mean, when I have busy schedule or I wake up late, I practically do not have much time to read the Words of God and study them. I, then, browse quickly like they are side article of the morning paper. 

Additionally, I also started thinking that if there are ways to stimulate our enjoyment during a meal, there should also be ways to enjoy a spiritual meal. Let us say, in a pancake house, one is normally surrounded by the running water on the river and some Dutch music in the background. Even though, what the restaurant offers is only milk, eggs, and flour mixture, one can really appreciate the meal and maybe tell a friend about her experience. 

What if we apply that to our morning (or late night) devotion? We seclude ourselves from the busy and noisy world, turn up praise songs, take out our study books, and start reading our Bible. I wonder if it is going to make a difference. 

Anyway, I am thinking of start doing it. Let me see if I get healthier and stronger spiritually. Nevertheless, you are welcome to join and share your experiences if you want to do so or you have done so. 

Raissa

No comments:

Post a Comment